- Most leaders are asked to manage some aspect of the operations they lead.
- Most managers are required to lead in some capacity.
- Many leaders donít know how to manage. Many managers donít know how to lead.
- Many leaders block their own success by mismanaging their personal lives.
- Most managers use one form of communication with all of their people.
- People learn and communicate in different ways.
What is Leadership and Why is it Important?
Sooner or later, you may find yourself in a management or leadership role. Donít wait until then to determine how you will lead! Personalize your technique to effectively reach and motivate people. Bridge the communication between those who report to you and those to whom you report. Understand what motivates people and how to communicate with people according to the way they learn.
In this two hour Leadership course we will discuss:
- The different qualities of a manager and a leader.
- The similarities of a manager and a leader.
- Who comes first, the leader or the manager?
- The leader as a servant.
- Unselfishness and gratefulness.
- Getting out of your own way.
- The burden of being on top.
- Power: personal vs. positional power, the effective use of power.
- Leading people by the way they learn.
- The traits of an ineffective leader.
- The qualities of a good leader.
- Leadership Assessment Tool Ė Defining your leadership style (The Batman Ė Superman Dilemma)
Participants will benefit from:
- Adjusting your leadership style to ensure longevity in your career.
- Effectively using your leadership style to lead others to success.
- Increasing your communication and leadership skills by tailoring your message to the way people learn.